Pea, broadbean, sheep's milk feta and beetroot salad
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Peas, use fresh peas if you can|
|1 cup||Broad beans, shelled|
|2 cups||Baby spinach|
|100 g||Ewe's milk feta, crumbled|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Wash the beetroot. Slice them thinly into rounds while heating a little olive oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, cook the beetroot rounds a few at a time for one minute before turning and repeating.
- Continue, adding more oil if necessary but make sure the oil is hot before adding more beetroot.
- Lay the beetroot on paper towels and allow to cool.
- Blanch the peas and broad beans by plunging into boiling water for two minutes, drain, rinse with cold water and chill.
- Arrange the spinach leaves on plates or a platter, scatter over the peas, beans and feta. Squeeze over the lemon and drizzle with olive oil, arrange the beetroot slices and season.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL