Basil french toast with bacon and roasted tomatoes
|8||Bacon rashers, trimmed|
|250 g||Cherry tomatoes|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|½ cup||Parmesan cheese, finely grated|
|½ cup||Basil leaves, chopped|
|8 pieces||Sourdough bread|
- Preheat oven to 220 degC. Place the bacon on a baking tray and cook for 12-15 minutes or until crisp.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 5 minutes or until the skins just split.
- Set aside and keep warm. Place the eggs, cream, parmesan, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Heat the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture and cook, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Serve with the bacon and roasted tomatoes.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL