Poached chicken and nectarine salad
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Free-range organic chicken|
|1 slice||Fresh ginger|
|1 cup||Macadamia nuts, (roasted)|
|1 bunch||Watercress, (or 2 if using hydroponic)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 to taste||Sea salt flakes|
|1 to taste||Black pepper - ground|
- Put the chicken in a large pot, cover with water then add the bay leaves, herbs, onion(halved), peppercorns and ginger.
- Bring to a boil then adjust the heat to a simmer, put on the lid and cook for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat but don't lift the lid, and leave for 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the stock which can be reserved for later use or frozen, then leave to cool before tearing into bite sized pieces.
- Halve the nectarines, slice and put into a large bowl. Roughly chop the macadamias and add with the watercress, olive oil, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Add the chicken to the bowl, toss thoroughly with your hands before serving.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL