Seared scallops on warm tomato salad
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1||Lemon, (juice and zest of)|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tsp||Sherry vinegar|
|½ tsp||Caster sugar|
|2 tsp||Olive oil|
|1||Fresh oregano, (to garnish)|
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Grease or line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Slice the tomatoes, lay on the tray, season and put in the oven for 5 minutes, keep warm.
- Combine the lemon zest and juice, oil, vinegar, sugar and seasoning.
- Have a pan nice and hot, add the butter and 2 tsp oil then sear the scallops.
- Leave for 1 minute before turning and cooking for another minute.
- Arrange the tomatoes on plates, spoon over the dressing then top with the scallops and scatter over some fresh oregano.