Shaved asparagus, chive and creamed egg sandwiches
( SERVES 12 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Place the eggs in boiling water and let cook for 4 minutes. Remove from the water and let cool.
- Peel, chop and put in a bowl with the cream, lemon zest, chives and seasoning. Mash with a fork until quite smooth then set aside.
- Cut or snap off the ends of the asparagus. Using a vegetable peeler, peel long strips down the length of all the asparagus then set aside.
- Butter each slice of bread. Place three slices on a board and spread lightly with mustard then pile on the asparagus.
- Follow with another slice of bread then top with the creamed egg mixture.
- Cover with the third slice of bread then, using the sharpest knife available, remove the crusts and slice each sandwich cleanly into three.