Sesame fried tofu on choy sum with kekap manis
|1||Cornflour, to coat tofu|
|1 tbsp||Sesame seeds|
|2 tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|2 tsp||Peanut oil|
|1 piece||Ginger, 5cm, peeled and sliced very thinly|
|2 bunches||Choy sum, stalks trimmed|
|1 tbsp||kecap manis|
- Drain the tofu on paper towels then slice. Coat a plate with cornflour and another with sesame seeds.
- Lightly coat the tofu with cornflour on both sides then press into the sesame seeds.
- Heat a pan and coat the bottom with vegetable oil, add 2 tsp of peanut oil then fry the tofu in batches, replenishing the oil when necessary. Drain on paper towels.
- Wipe out the pan, add a little more oil and fry the slices of ginger for a minute or two until fragrant and crispy, drain.
- Slice the choy sum and cook in a hot pan, adding a little more oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes, tossing occasionally then remove to a serving platter.
- Top the choy sum with the slices of tofu, scatter over the ginger and drizzle the kecap manis.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL