Chicken, basil and pinenut club sandwiches
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Roast chicken, shredded, or 300g of cooked chicken thigh meat|
|1 tbsp||Aioli, or mayonnaise|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1½ tbsp||Pine nuts, lightly toasted|
|1 handful||Fresh basil|
|1 to spread||Butter|
|12 slices||White bread|
- Put the chicken in a bowl, add the aioli or mayo and the lemon juice, stir then taste for seasoning and add the pinenuts.
- Pick the basil leaves. Spread each slice of bread with a little butter.
- Lay 4 slices on a bread board and top with the chicken mixture. Top with another slice of bread, lightly butter and then lay the basil leaves all over.
- Season and top with the final slice of bread.
- Cut off the crusts and then slice each sandwich into three.