Menu for 4
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ tbsp||Olive oil|
|4 sprigs||Fresh thyme|
|4 tbsp||Ricotta cheese|
|1||Lemon, (juice of)|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|600 g||Tuna, fillets(4x150g)|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, (to season)|
|2 cups||Frozen peas|
|1 cup||Vegetable stock|
|1 sprig||Fresh mint, (plus 2Tbs leaves)|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil, extra|
|3||Shallots, (peeled and finely sliced)|
|1||Lemon, (cut into wedges)|
|2 tsp||Butter, (plus 2 Tbs extra)|
|4||Pears, (beurre bosc)|
|1 to serve||Cream|
- 0-5 mins Preheat oven to 180C. Grease the baking dish with 2 tsp of butter.
- 5-15 mins Halve the pears, scoop out the pips and lay in the baking dish. Pour over the Marsala and the water, then bury the cinnamon under the pears. Bake for 45 minutes, basting with the juices every 15 minutes.
- 15-25 mins Place the hazelnuts on an oven tray and roast for 10 minutes, let cool then cut in half.
- 25-35 mins Put the peas in a saucepan, add the stock and a mint sprig, season. Cover and bring to a boil. Let cook for 5 minutes while you heat the 2 Tbs of extra oil, add the shallots and fry until crispy. Drain on a paper towel. Turn the heat off the peas, uncover and leave for 3 minutes. Transfer to a food processor and process with the fresh mint and butter. Leave covered.
- 35-50 mins Heat two pans. Add the extra measure of olive oil to one and the butter and olive oil for the mushrooms to the other. When both pans are hot, add the tuna to one and the mushrooms to the other. Let the tuna sear for 2 minutes then turn over and repeat, cover and let rest. Add the thyme and lemon to the mushrooms, season and sauté for 3 minutes.
- 50-60 mins Warm the plates in the oven. Whip some cream and pop it in the fridge. Serve the mushrooms with a dollop of ricotta, a squeeze of lemon, some fresh thyme and salt and pepper.