Chermoula rubbed lamb shanks
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2||Lemons, large, sliced thinly with pips removed|
|4||Lamb shanks, cut into 2cm rounds|
|8||Fresh dates, stones removed then sliced|
|3 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Vegetable stock|
|1 cup||Couscous, (mograbiah)|
- Combine all the ingredients for the chermoula either in a food processor or in a large mortar and pestle.
- Mix until a paste is created. Rub the paste over the lamb and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC (or you will need to simmer the tagine on the stovetop for 1 hours).
- Lay the lemon slices in the bottom of the tagine, top with the lamb, then the dates, pears, oil and stock.
- Season, then cover and let cook.
- Remove the lid and spoon in 1 cup of mograbiah then continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh mint and coriander.