Chermoula rubbed lamb shanks
|30 g||Cumin seeds, toasted and crushed in a mortar & pestle|
|15 g||Coriander seeds, toasted and crushed as above|
|1 tsp||Sweet paprika|
|½ tsp||Ground ginger|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1||Red chilli, finely chopped (retain the seeds if more heat is preferred)|
|½ cup||Fresh coriander, chopped|
|½ cup||Flat leaf parsley, chopped|
|100 ml||Olive oil|
|1 pinch||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2||Lemons, large, sliced thinly with pips removed|
|4||Lamb shanks, cut into 2cm rounds|
|8||Fresh dates, stones removed then sliced|
|3 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Vegetable stock|
|1 cup||Couscous, (mograbiah)|
- Combine all the ingredients for the chermoula either in a food processor or in a large mortar and pestle.
- Mix until a paste is created. Rub the paste over the lamb and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC (or you will need to simmer the tagine on the stovetop for 1 hours).
- Lay the lemon slices in the bottom of the tagine, top with the lamb, then the dates, pears, oil and stock. Season, then cover and let cook.
- Remove the lid and spoon in 1 cup of mograbiah then continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh mint and coriander.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL