Eggplant, tomato and chickpea tagine with harissa
|150 g||Red chillies, fresh|
|4 cloves||Garlic, peeled and crushed|
|2 tsp||Ground coriander|
|2 tsp||Caraway seeds, ground|
|2 tbsp||Fresh mint, finely chopped, plus extra leaves to serve|
|2 tbsp||Fresh coriander, finely chopped, plus extra leaves to serve|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 can||Chickpeas, 350g, drained|
|3 tbsp||Olive oil|
|½ cup||Vegetable stock|
|2 tsp||Lemons, zest, finely chopped|
|1||Freshly ground black pepper, to season|
- Grind all the harissa ingredients in a food processor or a mortar and pestle until smooth.
- Reserve 1 Tbs. Slice the eggplant into rounds and marinate in the harissa for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC (or you will need to simmer the tagine on the stovetop for 1 hour).
- Arrange the eggplant alternating with the tomatoes in the tagine.
- Scatter over the chickpeas, then the oil, stock and the lemon zest. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Mix the tablespoon of harissa with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and spoon into each dish to taste.
- Season and serve with fresh mint and coriander.
Tip: The harissa will keep for at least 1 month in the fridge.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL