Gingerbread with fried apple and mascarpone
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¼ cup||Brown sugar|
|½ cup||Golden syrup|
|1 cup||Plain flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|2 tsp||Ground ginger|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|2||Granny smith apples, cored and sliced into rounds|
|2 tsp||Grape seed oil|
|1||Mascarpone, to serve|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Cream the butter, sugar and golden syrup until light and pale. Mix in the beaten egg.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and ginger. Gently fold into the creamed mixture.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the milk and add.
- Spoon into the loaf tin and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until the top of the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave for 5 minutes before turning out on to a cooling rack.
- Heat a pan, add the butter and oil. When hot, fry the slices of apple for 30 seconds then turn over and repeat.
- Serve with slices of warm gingerbread and mascarpone.