Honey apple tarte tatins with cinnamon cream
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 knob||Butter, melted, to grease|
|2||Red apple, peeled, cored, and sliced into rings|
|60 g||Butter, extra|
|2 sheets||Puff pastry|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Lightly grease 6 x 1 cup-capacity non-stick muffin tins.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the extra butter and honey and cook for 3 minutes or until the mixture is a light golden colour.
- Add the apple and cook for 5 minutes
- Arrange the apple in the base of each tin and top with the caramel.
- Cut 6 x 7cm rounds from the pastry and place on top of the apples.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Allow to stand for 2 minutes, then invert onto serving plates.
- Serve with cream flavoured with cinnamon or your favourite icecream.
* Place the apple rings in water with a little lemon juice to stop them turning brown. Drain well before using.