Walnut and ginger crumble
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tsp||Lemon, (finely grated zest)|
|1 cup||Dessert wine|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Ground ginger|
|70 g||Plain flour|
|⅓ cup||Brown sugar|
|30 g||Walnuts, (ground)|
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Grease a 1 litre baking dish.
- Peel and roughly chop the fruit. Add to the dish and add the zest, wine and water. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sift the baking powder, ginger and flour into a bowl, then stir in the sugar.
- Cube the butter and rub in until the mix looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the nuts and spoon over the fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden then dust with icing sugar and serve warm with cream.