Fish, mussel, caper and lemon pie
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|3||Agria potatoes, medium size, peeled and diced|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|1 tbsp||Parsley, finely chopped|
|1 tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|6||Mussels, in the shell|
|1 tbsp||Grape seed oil|
|1||Onion, small, finely diced|
|2 stalks||Celery, finely diced|
|1 tbsp||Plain flour|
|200 g||Fish, such as gurnard or terakihi, diced|
|2 tsp||Capers, chopped|
|1 tsp||Lemon, zest|
|1 cup||White wine|
|1 cup||Fish stock, or vegetable stock|
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC.
- Boil the potatoes in plenty of well-salted water until tender, drain then return to the pan, add the seasoning, milk, butter, parsley and parmesan, mash and then set aside.
- Put a saucepan of water on to boil. Scrub the mussels and remove the beards then put into the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes, drain.
- Remove from the shells, chop and set aside. (Discard any shells that do not open.)
- Heat a saucepan, add the oil then the onion, capers and celery. Stir for a few minutes until soft then add the flour.
- Stir over a medium heat for 2 minutes, then add the chopped mussels, fish, capers, zest, wine, stock and cream. Stir for 5 minutes to combine, then leave to cool.
- Spoon the filling into individual ramekins or a baking dish and then top with spoonfuls of the mash. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.