Pear tarte tatin
( SERVES 2 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Put the butter in a 20cm ovenproof fry pan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar. Split the vanilla bean and scrape the seeds into the pan, stirring to combine.
- Peel the pears, halve, core and slice, then arrange in the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the pear is starting to soften and the butter and sugar are beginning to caramelise.
- Cut the pastry to fit inside the pan then lay over the pears and bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Let the tart sit for 2 minutes before running a knife around the edge, placing a serving plate over the pan and carefully inverting. Serve warm with vanilla bean icecream or whipped cream.