Mushimono with prawn, chicken and sesame
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|1 tsp||Sesame oil|
|3||Chicken thighs, boned|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|2 cups||Dashi, or mild fish stock|
|1 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 tbsp||Toasted sesame seeds|
|1||Spring onion, finely shredded|
- Heat the vegetable and sesame oils in a frypan, add the chicken, season and cook for 5 minutes before turning.
- Continue cooking for 3 minutes then set aside. When cool, slice.
- In the bottom of small bowls or ramekins, place 2 prawns and some slices of chicken.
- Whisk the eggs, stock, soy and sake, add salt to taste, and pour carefully over the prawns and chicken. Skim off any bubbles on the surface.
- Cover with tinfoil and either steam or cook in a bain-marie or a covered frypan where the water reaches halfway up the sides of the bowls.
- Cook for 15 minutes then let cool to room temperature and serve with sesame, spring onions and more soy if so desired.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL