Feijoa, peach and cardamom crumble
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Sugar, (plus 3/4 cup white sugar)|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|100 g||Plain flour|
|2 tbsp||Rolled oats|
|1½ tsp||Ground cardamom|
|70 g||Butter, (softened)|
|1 to serve||Cream|
- Peel the feijoas and halve. Peel the peaches, remove the stone and slice.
- Put in a saucepan with the water, wine, cardamom pods and first measure of sugar.
- Gently simmer until the fruit softens - approximately 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. In a bowl, combine the second measure of sugar, baking powder, flour, coconut, rolled oats, salt and cardamom, then rub in the butter using your fingertips.
- Spoon the fruit and juice into individual oven dishes, cover with the topping and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the topping is golden. Serve with cream.