Lemon roulade with passionfruit cream
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|100 g||Caster sugar, plus extra|
|2 tbsp||Plain flour, heaped|
|250 ml||Cream, whipped|
|3 tbsp||Passionfruit syrup|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray measuring approximately 34cm x 30cm with baking paper.
- Separate the eggs and beat the yolks with the caster sugar until pale and creamy.
- Zest and squeeze the lemons. Beat the egg whites until stiff then fold in the zest and juice, followed by the yolk and sugar mix.
- Spoon on to the lined tray and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly coloured and feels set, let cool.
- Lay a piece of baking paper on a work surface and sprinkle liberally with caster sugar.
- Turn the roulade out on to the paper in one swift movement. If not filling immediately, cover with a damp tea towel.
- Remove the tea towel and spread the whipped cream over the surface followed by the syrup and the passionfruit pulp.
- Starting at the short end of the roulade, roll, bringing the paper back as you do so.
- Cut into slices and offer more passionfruit to serve.