Coconut crusted chicken salad with passionfruit
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|600 g||Chicken thighs, boned and skinned|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|1 cup||Shredded coconut|
|1 cup||Panko breadcrumbs|
|1 cup||Plain flour|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil, (light)|
|2 tsp||Sesame oil|
|1 piece||Ginger, 2cm, peeled|
|4 cups||Salad greens, such as rocket, baby spinach or mesclun|
- Preheat oven to 220 degC. Slice the chicken. Whisk the egg and milk then season.
- Combine the coconut, breadcrumbs and flour, season and tip into a bag large enough to hold the chicken.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mix then into the bag and toss thoroughly until coated.
- Put the chicken into an ovenproof dish or pan, drizzle with the olive oil and sesame, slices of garlic and ginger.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Pile the greens on to a serving platter with the chicken and any pan juices.
- Slice the mango and arrange, scoop out the passionfruit and drizzle over, dice the avocado and add then squeeze over the lime juice.
- Finish with a sprinkle of salt, a grind of pepper and an extra trickle of olive oil.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL