Chicken and bean enchiladas
( SERVES 6 )
This is an easy crowd pleaser. Make the mixture in advance, then simply wrap and cook the enchiladas while you whip up a salad. Beans are a great way to make meat go further. You could use beef or pork instead. Buy Mexican spice at the supermarket, or use taco or chilli seasoning to taste.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the onion, celery, garlic, spice and chicken breasts over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, until lightly coloured and fragrant.
- Add the beans, water and 1/2 a cup of the tomato sauce. Simmer, covered, for about 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked and saucy. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC. Divide the mixture between the wraps and roll up to make logs.
- Arrange them with the fold underneath to fit neatly in an ovenproof dish. Spoon remaining sauce over the top of the wraps and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- If you like, serve with sour cream, sweet chilli sauce and summer greens on the side.