Grilled pork skewers with butter bean and tomato salad
( SERVES 2 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2||Pork steaks/fillets, trimmed of sinew|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds, roasted|
|1 tsp||Coriander seeds, roasted|
|1 tsp||Fennel seeds, roasted|
|1 tsp||Flaky sea salt|
|2 tsp||Sweet smoked paprika|
|2 tbsp||Tomato paste|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
- Cut the pork into 1cm thick pieces and place into a mixing bowl.
- Grind the cumin, coriander and fennel seeds in a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle and add to the bowl.
- Remove the centre vein from the bay leaves and grind to a smooth paste with the salt. Add the garlic to the paste and grind until smooth.
- Add paste to the bowl with the pork and spices and add the paprika, tomato paste and olive oil and mix to combine.
- Place 3 pieces of pork on to each skewer and either grill on a barbecue (charcoal is very good here) or under a hot oven grill for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cooked but still juicy.
- Serve immediately on a simple salad of quickly blanched butter beans, chopped tomato, red onion and parsley. If you like to add an extra kick serve pickled chillies on the side.