(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|800 g||Pork, shoulder or fillet, cut into large chunks|
|250 g||Baby beetroots|
|250 g||Baby turnips|
|250 g||Baby carrots|
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
- Preheat oven to 200 degC.
- Wrap pork up in muslin cloth in two bundles and secure with string.
- Scrub vegetables and wrap in muslin cloth in two bundles.
- Place a sheet of tinfoil in a baking tray.
- Mix together the sugar, rice and topsoil and sprinkle over the foil.
- Place on a hot element until it starts smoking.
- Place bundles of meat and vegetables on top and cover tightly with tinfoil so no smoke escapes.
- Place tray in the oven and cook for half an hour.
To Serve: remove the food from the bundles and place on a platter. Serve a watercress salad on the side.
You'll also need: 1 cup topsoil, Muslin cloth, String