Apricot slice with brown sugar icing
Sunbury Park in Central Otago is where some of New Zealand’s finest apricots are grown, and their dried apricots are amazing. I got this recipe from Mrs Sunbury Park herself, and in my opinion it’s the most delicious apricot slice.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ can||Sweetened condensed milk|
|1 cup||Dried apricots, chopped|
|1 packet||Wine biscuits, 250g, finely crushed|
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
Brown sugar icing
- Lightly grease a 20 x 30cm slice tin.
- Place butter and condensed milk in a saucepan and heat until melted.
- Stir in apricots and crushed biscuits. Press into the tin and allow to set in the fridge.
- For the brown sugar icing, place butter, milk and brown sugar into a pot and bring to boil for 2 minutes.
- Take off heat and mix in icing sugar to form a smooth consistency.
- Spread over base and return to fridge to set. Once set, cut into slices and store in an airtight container in the fridge.