Baked chicken with tomatoes and bacon
( SERVES 6 )
These three main ingredients are a match made in heaven… the flavours of the bacon and chicken infuse the tomatoes to make a delicious sauce. Serve with potatoes and a summer salad for a quick midweek dinner. For added decadence, stuff the chicken thighs with mozzarella cheese and a few baby spinach leaves.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|8||Boneless chicken thighs|
|8 pieces||Streaky bacon|
|½ cup||White wine|
|4||Medium tomatoes, diced|
|10||Cherry tomatoes, halved|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 bunch||Fresh basil|
|1 to taste||Sea salt and cracked black pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 190 degC.
- Wrap each chicken thigh with a strip of bacon, making it into a neat parcel.
- In an ovenproof dish, combine the wine, diced tomatoes and the halved small tomatoes.
- Arrange the chicken parcels over the tomatoes in the dish. Sprinkle with parmesan and basil, and season well.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes, then remove foil and cook a further 20 minutes until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Serve with the pan juices.