Double-iced chocolate slice
This really is a grown-ups slice, because after all the good work and time spent on the kids treats, you deserve one yourself! Made with a base of digestive biscuits, hazelnuts and cocoa, the double icing is what makes it indulgent. I love to eat this with coffee and smaller portions are the order of the day.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1½ tbsp||Dutch cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|2 cups||Digestive biscuits|
|¾ cup||Desiccated coconut|
- Lightly grease a 20 x 30cm slice tin and line with a sheet of baking paper.
- Over a low heat stir cocoa, sugar and butter until melted.
- Add in beaten egg and vanilla, stirring for one minute.
- Remove from heat, mix in biscuits, hazelnuts and coconut. Press into tin and set in the fridge.
- For the custard icing, cream butter, add icing sugar and custard powder in food processor. Add hot water and blend until light and fluffy.
- Spread mix over base and return to fridge.
- For the chocolate icing, cream butter in food processor until light and fluffy, add icing sugar and cocoa, add hot water and blend until smooth. Spread evenly over custard icing, return to the fridge.
- Once set slice evenly into small bite-sized portions. This is best served straight from the fridge.