Fresh spinach with raisins and pinenuts
( SERVES 4 )
You’ve probably gathered by now that I am very fond of spinach. This dish goes with anything.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|¼ cup||Pine nuts|
|1||Garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|500 g||Spinach, young leaves with thicker stems removed, washed|
|¼ cup||Raisins, use golden variety|
|1||Lemon, use a squeeze|
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the pine nuts and garlic and cook until the pine nuts begin to colour. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the spinach (in batches) with any water that is clinging to its leaves and cook until wilted and soft, all the while tossing it around the frying pan with a wooden spoon.
- Return all spinach to the frying pan with the pine nuts and garlic. Season with salt then stir in the raisins and toss well to warm through and plump a little.
- Squeeze over the lemon juice and serve.