Smoky aubergine and macadamia nut dip
Photo by Babiche Martens
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2||Aubergines, or 3, (700g)|
|½||Lemon, juice only|
|1 tsp||Olive oil|
|150 g||Thick greek yoghurt|
|50 g||Macadamia nuts, toasted, roughly chopped|
- Prick aubergines all over with a fork. Either sit them on the barbecue or a gas flame on medium heat and roast until the skins are blackened and the aubergine soft and squishy - about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn every couple of minutes. Remove and put in a plastic bag to cool and allow the skin to loosen.
- Cut down the centre of the aubergine and scoop out all the pulp into a colander. Allow to sit for 10 minutes to let the juice drain.
- Into a bowl place cooled aubergine, garlic, lemon juice, salt, tahini, olive oil and yoghurt. Squash well with a fork to combine.
- Alternatively, pulse in a blender, leaving a few chunky bits.
- Serve topped with nuts and warm pita bread.