Piri piri chicken
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2||Garlic cloves, chopped roughly|
|½ cup||Olive oil|
|¼ cup||Red wine vinegar|
|8||Boneless chicken thighs, (macro)|
|1 to serve||Bread|
|1 to serve||Salad leaves|
- In a large bowl or bucket filled with cold water soak the corn cobs for at least one hour.
- To make the piri piri sauce: char-grill the chillies on a barbecue until blackened.
- Cool slightly, remove and discard the seeds and chop the remainder of the chilli roughly.
- Into a small pot place the chillies, garlic, paprika, oil, vinegar and salt.
- Bring to a boil for 3 or 4 minutes. Remove and cool. Place in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and pour half the sauce over. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a barbecue to a medium heat.
- Remove the corn from the water and drain. Place on the barbecue. It will take 10-12 minutes to cook.
- Turn every couple of minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Place the chicken on the barbecue grill and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with extra sauce on the side, corn, bread and salad.