Jeow mak keua (eggplant dip) with cumin salt pita crisps
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Peanut oil|
|2 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|1||Sea salt, (to season)|
|1||Sea salt and cracked black pepper, (to season)|
|1 tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|2||Spring onions, (tops included, sliced)|
|2 tbsp||Fresh coriander, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Slice the pita breads into wafers and brush with the oil.
- Sprinkle with cumin and salt and bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly brown. Let cool.
- Put the eggplant in a saucepan, cover with water and a lid then boil for 20 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, trim and peel the eggplant then squeeze any excess liquid and discard.
- In a pestle and mortar, grind the chilli and garlic then add the eggplant until a paste is formed. Season.
- Heat the oil in a pan, and when hot add the spring onions and fry, then add to the eggplant with the coriander.
- Serve with the pita crisps.