( SERVES 3 )
The sweet, tangy flavour of pomegranate goes incredibly well with chicken. This is a light, flavour-packed meal that takes all of about 10 minutes to cook from start to finish.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2||Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless|
|2 tbsp||Pomegranate molasses, or 3|
|2 handfuls||Watercress, or 3|
|1||Pomegranate seeds, (from a large fruit)|
|50 g||Feta cheese, soft, crumbled|
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally.
- To do this, lay one chicken breast flat on a chopping board with one hand flat on top and, using a large sharp knife.
- Slice through the chicken breast horizontally, trying to keep equal thickness on either side. You will end up with two chicken steaks.
- Season chicken steaks with salt. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large frying pan or grill pan on medium heat (or if barbecuing, preheat the barbecue grill plate).
- Sear chicken breasts for 30 seconds on each side, then baste several times with pomegranate molasses while cooking for a further 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Toss watercress, pomegranate and feta together and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve 1-2 chicken steaks per person with salad on the side.