Christmas ham & Asparagus filo tart
( SERVES 6 )
This tasty tart, with filo pastry as a base, is a great way to use up the roast meat (chicken, turkey or ham) that was left from Christmas Day.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|6 sheets||Filo pastry|
|40 g||Butter, melted|
|1½ cups||Ham, off the bone, diced|
|½||Brie, wheel, diced|
|1 bunch||Asparagus spears, halved and blanched|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 to serve||Radishes|
|1 to serve||Salad greens|
|1 to drizzle||Oil, flavoured|
- Preheat oven to 170 degC.
- Brush one sheet of filo with butter and lay another on top so you have a double sheet. Repeat this with the remaining layers.
- Lay the double sheets inside a 24cm loose-base tart tin, overlapping them and folding the excess over the sides so the tin is evenly covered.
- Arrange the diced ham over the base, then dot with brie and decorate the top with the asparagus spears.
- Whisk the eggs, cream and seasoning together and slowly pour it over of tart ingredients.
- Place the tart on a heavy baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve with sliced radishes and greens. Drizzle the tart and salad with flavoured oil.