Prawn mayonnaise with dill and cucumber
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|400 g||Raw prawns|
|¼ cup||Dill, chopped|
|¼ cup||Chives, chopped|
|½||Lemon, juice only|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 cups||Salad greens|
|½||Cucumber, peeled lengthways|
|2||Avocados, peeled and sliced|
|1 to serve||Bread, fresh|
- Into a pot of simmering salted water place the prawns for 3 or 4 minutes until they turn bright pink. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, dill, chives, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well. When the prawns are cool combine with the dressing.
- On individual plates, place half a cup of salad, cucumber, sliced avocado and top with prawn mixture.
- Add half a lemon per person and an extra grind of pepper. Serve with fresh bread.
- Mayonnaise: Into a food processor place the garlic, yolks and mustard.
- Whizz until pale then very slowly drizzle in the oil. When it is thickened add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.