Roasted lamb with lemon, rosemary & garlic, and minted potato & spring pea salad
( SERVES 6 )
This is gorgeous with a few aromatics – the garlic, rosemary and lemon slices infuse the meat with a lovely summery flavour. Peas and potatoes are classic side dishes, so why not combine them into a light salad?
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Leg of lamb, (approximately 1.2kg)|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil, or 3|
|1 to taste||Sea salt|
|2||Garlic cloves, sliced|
|3 sprigs||Fresh rosemary, or 4|
|1||Lemon, finely sliced|
|500 g||New potatoes, scrubbed and halved if larger|
|1 cup||Peas, freshly shelled, or frozen|
|1 handful||Fresh peas, fresh in the pod|
|40 g||Almond butter, softened|
|½ tsp||Sea salt|
|1 tbsp||Mint jelly|
|3 sprigs||Fresh mint, or 4|
|1 to taste||Cracked black pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 170 degC.
- Arrange the lamb leg in a lined roasting dish and brush all over with the olive oil and sea salt.
- Cut small slits into the lamb meat and stud with the sliced garlic and a few small sprigs of rosemary.
- Lay the lemon slices over the lamb and secure with toothpicks.
- Add the water to the pan and roast the lamb for 1 hour, basting about every 20 minutes with the pan juices until the meat is golden and the juices run pink when pierced in the thickest part.
- Cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- For the potato salad: simmer the potatoes in boiling, salted water for about 15-20 minutes or until just tender.
- Add all the peas and the pods and cook for 2 minutes until bright green.
- Drain and toss gently with the butter, salt and mint jelly. Spoon into a serving bowl and garnish with the mint sprigs and cracked pepper.