The Sunday night roast salad
( SERVES 4 )
Perfect for when you fancy something more substantial than a salad but don't want to turn on the oven
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 tbsp||Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 tbsp||Fresh thyme|
|300 g||Pork steaks/fillets, trimmed|
|2 cups||Broccoli, chopped|
|2||Courgettes, peeled to strips|
|2||large ripe tomatoes, sliced|
|1 handful||Basil leaf|
|2 tbsp||Pumpkin seeds|
- Zest the lemon. Put into shallow bowl with 1 tablespoon oil, black pepper, a good pinch of salt and thyme. Mix.
- Add the pork and coat in the mixture. Heat frying pan until hot, then add pork.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning often, until golden and cooked through. Remove from pan and leave to rest.
- Boil pan of water and cook noodles. Add broccoli for final two minutes.
- Drain, refresh in cold water, then put into a bowl with the courgette, tomato, basil and pumpkin seeds.
- Slice pork and arrange on top. Squeeze over lemon juice and olive oil.