Chicken Livers on Sourdough Toast with a Parsley and Caper Salad
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 bunch||Flat leaf parsley|
|2||Shallots, very finely sliced (or a small red onion)|
|1 tbsp||Capers, chopped|
|450 g||Chicken livers|
|1 tbsp||Balsamic, (or sherry vinegar)|
|1||Lemon juice, to deglaze|
- Make a herb salad using the leaves from a bunch of flat leaf parsley and a few sprigs of tarragon.
- Add very finely sliced shallots (or a small red onion), chopped capers and the zest of a lemon.
- Cut cleaned chicken livers in half and dredge in well-seasoned cornmeal flour.
- Heat olive oil with a little butter in a frying pan and sear the livers until coloured on each side.
- Add balsamic (or sherry vinegar) and the juice of a lemon to deglaze the pan and coat the livers. Remove from heat.
- Toast or grill thick slices of sourdough, dress the salad with olive oil and lemon juice and pile livers and salad on toast.