Prawn and pork shumai
( SERVES 20 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|230 g||Raw prawns, peeled, deveined and chopped|
|180 g||Pork mince|
|4||Garlic cloves, or 5, chopped|
|2||Shiitake mushrooms, or 3, soaked and chopped|
|2 tbsp||Oyster sauce|
|½ tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 tbsp||Sesame oil|
|¼ tsp||White pepper|
|20||Won ton wrappers|
- Place a medium-sized frying pan or wok over medium heat and add a tablespoon of oil.
- Add chopped onion and fry gently for couple of minutes or until translucent and softened.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the onion and all the other filling ingredients in a large bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Place a tablespoon full of the shumai mixture in the centre of each won ton wrapper.
- Gather the won ton wrapper around the meat and hold gently with your hand so the wrapper will stick to the meat mixture.
- Leave the top of the shumai unsealed.
- Put a frozen pea or piece of finely diced carrot on top of each shumai and place them in a steamer.
- Steam for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.