Bruschetta of buffalo mozzarella, broad beans and herb oil
( SERVES 2 )
A good bruschetta has its charms, this is so simple, yet utterly delicious
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 cups||Broad beans|
|½ tsp||Sea salt|
|1 cup||Flat leaf parsley, leaves|
|1 cup||Mint leaves|
|80 ml||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 slices||Toast bread slices, rustic, at least 1 day old, thickly sliced|
|1 cup||Baby rocket|
|120 g||Buffalo mozzarella, ball fresh, drained and sliced into 6 pieces|
- Heat oven to 200 degC.
- Bring a small pot of water to the boil and blanch broad beans for 30 seconds before draining and refreshing in cold water. Drain and reserve for later use.
- Place salt in a mortar with parsley and mint and grind to a paste.
- Add 1 clove of garlic and grind it into the herbs before adding 60ml of oil, and muddle with the pestle until oil and herbs are combined.
- Place to one side until ready to use.
- Place bread on a baking tray, drizzle with remaining olive oil and toast in the oven until lightly coloured around the edges.
- Remove from oven and rub well with remaining clove of garlic.
- Place toast on a plate, top with rocket, mozzarella, broad beans and generously spoon over the herb oil. Serve immediately.