Bacon, mushroom and goat's cheese filo tarts
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|6 sheets||Filo pastry|
|20 g||Butter, melted|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Red onion, sliced thinly|
|6||Portabello mushrooms, large, sliced|
|2 tbsp||Thyme leaves, plus extra for garnish|
|100 g||Soft goats cheese|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 to drizzle||Olive oil|
- Set oven to 170 degC.
- On a bench lay a sheet of filo, brush with butter.
- Top with another sheet of filo and repeat. Slice the sheets into six even squares.
- Butter three of the pieces and place the others on top of these three in a star shape, so you are left with three.
- Place the pastry into 3x12cm tart cases. Repeat with the remaining filo.
- Place the tins on a baking tray and put in the oven for 8-10 minutes until slightly browned. Keep an eye on them as they can brown quickly. Set aside.
- Into a frying pan place 1 tablespoon oil and heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and bacon and cook for 5-10 minutes until garlic and onion soften and the bacon is slightly crispy. Remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil and mushrooms and cook through. Fold the thyme through.
- Place the mixture in the tart tins and top with goat's cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes to warm the cheese through.
- Drizzle each tart with olive oil. Serve warm.