Duck breast salad with jersey bennes, raspberries and a cabernet reduction
( SERVES 4 )
If you've never cooked duck before, this is a good recipe to start with. The raspberries add a slightly tart flavour to this delicious salad
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Red wine, (cabernet sauvignon)|
|20||Potatoes, (jersey benne, 5 per person)|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|4 handfuls||Salad greens|
|32||Raspberries, (8 per person)|
- Heat the sugar and water, boiling until a caramel colour then pour in the wine.
- Turn down the heat to a simmer and stir until any lumps have dissolved.
- Continue simmering for 5 minutes then turn off and let cool.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with salted water and cook until just tender, drain and let cool.
- Preheat the grill. Score the skin side of the duck with a sharp knife, season and grill, skin down for 8 minutes.
- Pour off the fat then turn over and cook for a further 4 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Toss the greens and potatoes in a little dressing, season and arrange on plates.
- Arrange sliced duck and scatter over the raspberries.