Kumara rosti cakes with scallops and lemon cream
( SERVES 1 )
Normally rosti cakes would be fried, but I like to do them in the oven for an easy healthier option. You don’t have to use scallops – cooked prawns or crab meat would also work.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|3 cups||Orange kumara, grated or gold kumara|
|2||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 tsp||Celery salt|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|½ tsp||Cumin seeds|
|½ tsp||Seasoning, lemon & dill|
|100 g||Spreadable cream cheese|
|1 tsp||Lemon, zest|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Combine the grated kumara, beaten eggs and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Place spoonfuls of kumara mixture into piles on baking paper-lined trays and flatten slightly.
- Spray generously with oil and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden
- Heat the oil and cumin seeds in a pan and sear scallops for 1-2 minutes each side until plump.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and set aside. Mash the cream cheese and lemon zest.
- Arrange rosti on a platter and add a dollop of lemon cream, top with a seared scallop and serve with chopped chives.