Festive Fare: Christmas Mincemeat Drops
( SERVES 30 )
These little mouthfuls are a play on the jam drop. Grated apple will also moisten and add flavour to the mincemeat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of brandy to the mincemeat if you are using store bought.
For more recipes using fruit mince, go to our Christmas mince collection.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|250 g||Butter, softened|
|¼ cup||Icing sugar|
|1.34 cups||Plain flour|
|¼ cup||Custard powder|
|¼ cup||Christmas Mincemeat|
- Heat the oven to 170 degC.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the softened butter and icing sugar in a large bowl and, using a wooden spoon, beat until smooth.
- Sift in the flour and custard powder and mix to combine.
- Roll rounded teaspoon sized balls of the mixture and place on the baking trays, a little apart.
- Use the handle end of your wooden spoon to press into the centre of the ball, stopping just before it touches the bottom.
- Fill each centre with Christmas mincemeat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until pale golden, rotating the trays halfway through baking.
- Cool drops on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container.
Tip: For a spicy biscuit add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the drop mixture or ½ teaspoon cinnamon and ½ teaspoon mixed spice.