Festive Fare: White and Red Christmas
( SERVES 40 )
This is my sister’s favourite treat to bring to our family Christmas. I have swapped out her glace cherries for freeze dried fruit and some glace clementines and lime peel.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2½ cups||Rice bubbles|
|1 cup||Desiccated coconut|
|¾ cup||Icing sugar|
|1 cup||Milk powder, full cream|
|1 cup||Mixed peel, chopped, citrus|
|¾ cup||Raspberries, freeze-dried or cherries, or a mixture of both|
|250 g||Vegetable shortening, solid, (I used Kremelta)|
- Line a 30cm x 20cm sponge roll tin with baking paper.
- Place all the ingredients except the vegetable shortening in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place vegetable shortening in a saucepan and melt over a low heat. Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Press mixture into the prepared tin, cover and refrigerate until set. Once set cut into small squares.
- Keep white and red Christmas in an airtight container in the refrigerator, layering with baking paper as you fill the container.