Summer Greens with Crispy Bacon, Peas & Parmesan
( SERVES 6 )
This tasty salad is divine with a simple dressing of lemon oil.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Fennel bulb, large, shaved|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2 bunches||Asparagus, fresh|
|1 cup||Baby peas|
|60 g||Mesclun leaves, or summer greens|
|½ cup||Bacon bits, crispy|
|¼ cup||Shaved parmesan|
|¼ cup||Lemon-infused olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Slice the fennel as finely as you can and soak in cold water and lemon juice.
- Blanch the asparagus and peas for 2-3 minutes in boiling, salted water, then drain and refresh.
- Drain fennel and arrange in a shallow serving bowl with the mesclun leaves, asparagus and peas.
- Sprinkle over the crispy bacon and shaved parmesan.
- Drizzle with lemon oil and season well.