Caramelised sticky pannetone
( SERVES 4 )
Pannetone is a tall Italian cake seasoned with mixed fruit and spices and is traditionally enjoyed over Christmas and New Year. It's lovely to eat as it is - better still, fry it in butter and sugar with an extra kick of citrus and spice.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan with the sugar, orange zest and allspice until bubbling.
- Add the pannetone and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Remove from the pan and divide among four plates.
- Add the orange juice to the pan and heat for 30 seconds to coat in the buttery juices.
- Drizzle over the pannetone and serve hot with vanilla icecream.