BBQ Regal Salmon Steaks & Skewers with Rainbow Noodles
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 g||Regal Salmon fresh fillets, skin off, cut into 1 inch chunks OR 4 salmon steaks|
|1 tbsp||Runny honey|
|2 tbsp||Dark soy sauce|
|1||Red chilli, very finely chopped, optional|
|⅓ cup||Japanese soba soya sauce|
|¼ cup||Lemon juice|
|2 tbsp||Rice wine vinegar|
|1½ tsp||Sesame oil|
|2||Carrots, peeled and julienned|
|½||Red cabbage, very finely shredded|
|200 g||Soba noodles|
|1 bunch||Spring onion, chopped|
|1||Coriander, to garnish|
|2 tsp||Toasted sesame seeds, black or white, to garnish|
- Preheat barbecue to hot or oven to 200ºC. Soak 8-12 bamboo skewers in water for at least 10 minutes. Line an oven tray with baking paper if cooking salmon in the oven.
- Combine Regal King Salmon, honey, dark soya sauce and chilli and leave to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix soba soy sauce, citrus juice, rice vinegar, sesame oil and sugar together. Pour this dressing over carrot and cabbage in a bowl and leave to marinate.
- Cook soba noodles in boiling water until just cooked through, but still have a slight bite, about 7-8 minutes. Drain and rinse noodles under cold water to prevent them sticking together. Toss with the carrot, cabbage and dressing.
- Thread chunks of Regal King Salmon onto skewers. Place salmon skewers on prepared tray and cook in hot oven for 6 minutes, or until just cooked through. Alternatively cook on hot barbecue for about 3 minutes. If cooking steaks, cook for 6-8 minutes in the oven or 2 minutes each side on the barbeque.
- To serve, divide noodle salad between plates and top with spring onions and coriander. Arrange salmon kebabs or salmon steak on top. Sprinkle over sesame seeds.