Beef tortillas with BBQ and beer onions
( SERVES 6 )
This is the perfect hands-on meal for casual summer dining. Prep the salad ingredients and the juicy barbecue onions, then just grill the steaks at the last minute when it’s time to eat.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2||Sirloin steaks, or similar|
|1 tsp||Cajun seasoning, or similar|
|2||Red onions, sliced|
|½ cup||Beer, or cider|
|1 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 tbsp||Brown sugar|
|2 tbsp||BBQ tomato sauce|
|1||Tortilla wraps, soft, as many as needed|
|1 punnet||Cherry tomatoes, halved|
|1||Fresh mint, chopped|
|1||Fresh thyme, chopped|
- Lightly spray the steaks with oil and coat in Cajun seasoning or similar.
- Preheat a heavy frying pan and sear the beef until done to your liking.
- Remove from the pan and set aside to rest, then cut into thin strips.
- Add butter to the pan with the onions and saute over a gentle heat for 4-5 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add beer, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and BBQ sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes until reduced.
- Serve the soft tacos warm with plenty of fresh salad and top with seared beef and BBQ beer onions.
- Sprinkle with fresh mint and thyme, and season.