Vegetarian Cheese & Bean Burgers
( SERVES 4 )
This mixture could also be formed into sausage shapes.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Canola oil|
|1||Onion, medium, finely diced|
|1 can||Cannellini beans, 400g, drained and mashed|
|½ cup||Breadcrumbs, wholemeal|
|1 cup||Tasty cheese, finely grated|
|1 tbsp||Parsley, finely chopped|
|1 tbsp||Wholegrain mustard|
|½ cup||Breadcrumbs, dried, or fine polenta|
|1||Egg, lightly beaten|
|1 to fry||Oil|
- Heat the oil and saute the onion until softened.
- Combine with the beans, breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley and mustard. Form into 4 burgers.
- Place the dried breadcrumbs on a plate. Brush the burgers with the egg then coat in the breadcrumbs. Chill.
- Cook on a flat plate or in a little oil in a frying pan over the barbecue for about 5 minutes each side.
- Great served with chutney.