Good grab-and-run brain food.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Rolled oats|
|1 cup||Desiccated coconut|
|½ cup||Sesame seeds|
|½ cup||Sunflower seeds|
|½ cup||Pumpkin seeds|
|1 cup||Dried apricots, chopped|
|¾ cup||Coconut oil|
|1 cup||Tahini, hulled|
|½ cup||LSA, a blend of ground linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds|
- Heat the oven to 180 degC.
- Line a 30cm square baking tin.
- In a large saucepan, toast the rolled oats, coconut, wheat germ and sesame, sunflower and pumpkin seeds until golden.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool. Add the LSA (a blend of ground linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds).
- Transfer the oat mixture to a food processor, add the dried apricots and, with the motor running, pour in the coconut oil, honey and tahini.
- Process only until the mixture is just combined.
- Using your hands or the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Mark into squares or bars and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Turn on to a wire rack to cool completely.