Pea and Prawn Fritters
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|200 g||Raw prawns, shelled, chopped to about pea-sized pieces|
|2||Spring onions, sliced thinly|
|1 tsp||Lime, zest & 2 wedges|
|1 to fry||Rice bran oil|
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- In another bowl, mix the egg yolks, prawn pieces, peas, spring onions and lime zest and stir in the flour.
- Mix to combine, then fold the egg whites through until incorporated.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and once hot, drop spoonfuls of the fritter mixture carefully and neatly into the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and then turn. Cook until the fritters feel firm to the touch.
- Serve these tasty little fritters with lime wedges and minted yoghurt.
Tip: The best way to gauge whether they are cooked is to use your index finger and try to 'wobble' the top relative to the bottom with small side to side movements. If it wobbles, this means that the middle is un-cooked.