( SERVES 24 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|200 g||Venison, back strap|
|1 tsp||Wholegrain mustard|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|150 g||Cranberry sauce|
|150 g||Creme fraiche|
- Place the flour, butter and salt in a food processor. Blitz until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and water. Blitz to form a firm dough.
- Wrap in plastic and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured board and roll to 3mm thick.
- Cut 5cm circles and line 24 mini muffin tins. Prick each pastry with a fork a couple of times.
- Bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove from the tins while still hot, and cool.
- Place the venison in a bowl and rub with the mustard, pepper and salt.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until hot. Sear the venison for just 3 minutes on each side so it remains rare.
- Remove and cool to room temperature.
- To assemble the tarts, place on a platter and put about half a teaspoon of cranberry sauce in each case.
- Slice the venison as thinly as possible and fold into the tart.
- Add a dollop of creme fraiche on the top and garnish.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.